Famed British watchmaker Christopher Ward announced earlier this week the launch of the C5 Malvern Slimeline Square, their first new collection of 2016 and their thinnest model ever.
Sized at a conservative 37mm with a square case design, the C5 Malvern Slimeline Square is meant to be versatile enough for both men’s and women’s wrists. With a height of only 8.25mm, this elegant new member of the CW family will be a welcomed guest at cocktail parties and other formal events alike. So how is the watch so thin? The compact nature of the C5 Malvern Slimeline Square is directly related to the size of its movement. Powering the C5 Malvern Slimeline Square is a Sellita 210-1 with a respectable 42-hour power reserve. For those truly interested in the engineering and detailing behind this movement, CW opted for a transparent caseback.
Available in blue or matte white, the C5 Malvern Slimeline Square appeals to the most discerning elements of individual taste and restraint. For bracelet options, CW offers either a black leather strap or a milanese bracelet. All in all these features make the C5 Malvern Slimeline Square a very attractive offering in the dress watch category. On a personal note, I really enjoy the quality and detail of all CW products, they go the extra mile (see my review of the Harrison C-95 Day Automatic). Hopefully I can get my hands on this latest member of the CW family once it is available early next month. In the meantime we will just have to be patient!
C5 Malvern Slimeline Square Features
· Swiss Made
· Hand-wound mechanical movement with Côtes de Genève finish on bridge
· 42-hour power reserve
· Surgical grade stainless steel case and crown
· Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
· Diamond-polished, dual faceted nickel minute and hour hands
· Sun-ray effect one-piece dial (blue)/ Matt, one piece dial (white)
· Transparent case back
· Screw-in back plate
· Unique engraved serial number
· Embossed alligator pattern Italian leather with CW motif clasp/ Fine-knit, stainless steel Milanese bracelet
C5 Malvern Slimeline Square Technical Specifications
· Size: 37 x 37 mm
· Height: 8.25 mm
· Calibre: Sellita 210-1
· Vibrations: 28,800 vph
· Case: 316L Stainless steel
· Water Resistance: 3 ATM / 30 metres
· Strap: 20mm
· Dial Color: white or blue